SPRINT Robotics Strategic Roadmap
The SPRINT Robotics Strategic Roadmap for Inspection and Maintenance Robotics was developed to provide industry guidance and alignment. It serves to:
- Identify technology improvements that will progress the use of the technology;
- Translate the technology improvements to common goals;
- Align the industry on goals and priorities;
- Share knowledge and insight with contributing parties from the entire value chain;
- Enable innovators, technologists and researchers to effectively and structurally contribute to the solution of problems relevant to the (petroleum and (petro)chemical) industry;
- Assist end users (asset owners) to adapt their (operational) procedures for the uptake of such new technologies;
- Inform policy makers about the changing landscape, to which they can respond.
This document is applicable to:
- Knowledge institutes, to identify potential use of their developed knowledge and to identify high-potential areas for new or extended research;
- Robot developers, to identify potential use of their developed robots and to identify high-potential areas for new or extended robot development;
- Inspection equipment suppliers, to identify novel uses of their existing equipment and to identify high-potential new developments;
- System integrators, to identify new uses of their existing equipment and to identify high-potential new developments;
- Service providers, to identify new high-potential services or implementations thereof;
- End users, to seek mutual alignment of their mid and long term goals, their priorities and the paths leading to the goals;
- All parties in the value chain, to serve as a basis for providing input and insight, e.g. via the SPRINT Robotics platform;
- Policy makers, as a reference for the development and steering of new policies.
The SPRINT Robotics Roadmap is by nature a work in progress. It will be updated periodically to reflect the current state of development and insight. Please make sure to use the most recent version, which will always be available on the SPRINT Robotics website.